Review about Charter Fitness Personal Training from Des Plaines, Illinois
I workout at Charter Fitness in Park Ridge, IL.
I've been with them for years and I've spent thousands (yes thousands) on personal training. I purchase bulk sessions and workout with a trainer. I love my trainer she's amazing, I love the challenging workouts and I love the results. I love my gym and i love the staff. In September of 2015 I worked out with my friend for fun at Cardinal location in Des plaines. I have basic membership at my gym (charter) so I can only workout at my location, mind you. But she has premium so I was able to workout at her location that one day. I walked in with the intention of just doing some light tricep workouts on my own but the branch manager David Nardi INSISTED I do a free trial session of team training. I thought hey it's a free session, why not. He had me sign on a pinpad which was EXTREMELY misleading because again, I workout at my home gym, I told him about my trainer, and he made it so that I was only signing up for that free session that one day. Hadn't returned to that gym since. Then, starting November 27th I start getting charged for team training every week. I hadn't noticed this till December 24th. So I called the gym and Dave just kept reiterating that "well you're the one who signed up" which again, I didn't sign up for that. I signed up for my one free session. It isn't even logical that I would drive farther away to a second gym for a service I'm already paying for at my home gym. And excuse me, I thought I wasn't even eligible to workout at other locations under basic membership? However when he kept saying "well you signed up" and rudely and abruptly hung up on me, i called back and he had someone else answer the phone. I was told that i would have to go into the gym and sign a cancellation form. Which I did, and two weeks later I'm still being charged. So I reached out and called again and Dave has been very obviously avoiding me because when I called back and asked for Dave the person said sure let me get him for u and when he asked me my name he just stuttered and said sorry Dave isn't in. These are the kind of games that they are playing. Furthermore when I walked into the location again today to ask about the charges, due to all the incorrect information that Dave had been giving me I wanted to Audio record him but he refused to speak until I switched my phone off. He then proceeded to tell me that the branch cameras haven't worked in years either so he can't show me proof to his claims. Also he kept walking away while I was speaking to him leaving me dumbfounded. Again, I have never had such a horrible experience. I am happy at my gym which is charter in park ridge. I have no complaints and I pay a lot and all my payments are made in time. What David Nardi is doing is fraudulent and a scam. I want the rest of the payments stopped because I didn't sign up for training sessions at a second gym when I'm clearly paying for them at my home gym, and I want a refund on the bogus payments that were charged on my account. I will keep reaching out and getting more and more people involved (including the better business bureau) until this issue is resolved and I have a refund.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Charter Fitness Personal Training
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "Snap Fitness German Village Columbus Ohio. I have had more trouble then a little bit with poor customer service and access cards. As a gym that claims to give you..."
- "Bridgeport location told me their latest add was a scam. SORRY the manager said it got me in though and laughed. $20 to join and $10 a month BUT really..."
- "Planet Fitness is a "Judgment Free Zone" and certain lifting exercises is not allowed in their facilities, i.e deadlifts, overhead presses, clean and jerks. Some facilities do not even allow..."
- "I took a session with them for tv radio modeling work over ten years ago. It was fun and good acting practice. The classes were casual though not college..."
- "I worked for Handy since September 2015, I loved it, but yesterday they sent me an email that I am removed from Handy platform. I have not done anything wrong,..."
- "THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!! I subscribed to this site and was charged $59 for three months membership. Franz has stated publicly multiple times he will redund anyone who is..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."